This is a
free Developer Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the
best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in
writing perfect CV for the desired Developer Job.
Developer Job Description
- Creates efficient and logical
databases for clients.
- Designs and codes superior
- Easily recognizes system
deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Creates and executes project
work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and
- Communicates and enforces coding
- Manages resources within budget
and project schedule.
- Reviews work of team.
- Consistently delivers
high-quality services to clients.
Sample Developer Resume Template
In this section you have
to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline
telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career
Your objective is the one
that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For
example a Computer Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise
and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Developer
To obtain a responsible and
challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will
have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have
any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section
where they should be listed. For Example a Developer can add his/her career achievements like,
- Involved in Extraction, Transformation, and
Loading (ETL) solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Designed and developed the web forms using
ASP.NET using VB.net, AJAX,
- Expertise in developing portal using SharePoint
portal server 2003
- Developed WINForms and WebForms, and provided
support for Web Services as well as implemented data binding.
- Excellent communication skills, Exceptional
problem solving capabilities
- Migrated some applications from asp.net 1.x to
- Involved in interviews for assessment of new
Previous work experience
plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well
presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be
related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared
for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you
worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which
you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted
format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may
have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work
experience of an experienced Developer applying for a job would look like,
Pharmaceutical, New Delhi, 2006-Present
- Client discussions to gather requirements.
- Closely worked with Project Managers to manage
the project scope, identify & deploy the appropriate resources to
support the systems development efforts.
- Drawing used case, association, class, activity
Diagrams prototype design
- Involved in coding in creating event driven
Windows Application Services using C#.Net. Prepared, callable statement to
connect with database.
- Trouble shooting, Bug Tracking, Bug fixing and helping
- Creating .Net Framework customized classes that
would be used later as the building blocks for the application.
- Developed Customized Win forms, Win Controls,
Functional Library, Data Components
- Developed event driven customized distributed COM
components to interact across application domains.
- Code Conversions from VB6,VBA to .Net library
- Develop interfaces to the application using XML.
- Resolving backward compatibility issues such
Version conflict, Error reporting.
- Environment: C#.Net, VB. Net, VB6.0 ,MS SQL
Server 2000, MS SQL Analysis Server, MS Visual Studio.Net, Windows DNA,
Healthcare, Banglore, 2004-2005
- Led and motivated a development team.
- Analyzed user specifications for workability,
completeness and business flow
- Participated in defining System Design,
Architecture and Specifications Responsible for writing Stored Procedures
in SQL 2000/2005.
- Performed project and task estimation
- Performed Coding/Programming tasks to
specification and in accordance with Development standards
- Documented and coding Technical artifacts
- Developed test plans and participating in Code
Testing to ensure workability, completeness, quality and "best
- Researched and resolved Coding issues
- Performed unit testing
- Involved in code review
- Assisting in mapping-out of system dependencies
- Assisting in the development of standards and
deployment of applications
- Environment: C#, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, VSS, SQL
server 2005, IIS, XML, NUnit
(Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University), AP, 2002-2003
- Designed ASP.net Web pages.
- Creation of Master Pages
- Gathered and analyzed the client requirements.
- Created user controls for the application.
- Extensively worked on ADO.NET to access data from
- Used strongly typed datasets for database
- Created the database tables for the application.
- Created the Stored Procedures and Functions in
- Integrated the developed modules to the Payment
- Review and Testing of the developed modules.
Prepared the technical documentation for the application
- Environment: ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, SQL SERVER
2000, IIS and Windows 2000.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be
mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that
the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course
comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going
backwards. For example a Developer who has completed post graduation or
graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then
his/her details would be like,
Arya College of Science and Management, 2000
If you have won any
competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted
here. For example a Developer could lay stress on any exams that he may have
given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any
honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added
The honors and the
activities section of a Developer would look like,
the Programmer of the Year award in 2005 by Pfizer Pharmaceutical, New Delhi.
- Member of CRY, Child relief and You, since 2000
The References are
generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes
of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers
or college professors' details could be placed here. Or your past employer who
you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the
people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are
placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For
example the references section of a Developer could also look like,
Salary Range of a Developer
- The average
salary received is approximately Rs. 27000 per month. This works out to an
annual pay package of 3 Lakhs to 3.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from
an American perspective works out to be $9500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may
change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Developer Interview
you more energized by working with data or by collaborating with other
would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a
- How will the academic program
and coursework you've taken benefit your career?
- Which college classes or
subjects did you like best? Why?
- What do you know about our
- Would you describe a few
situations in which your work was criticized?
- Why are you leaving your present
- Do you expertise in some plat